The company is currently recruiting a HGV Fleet Mechanic to maintain and service our fleet of Roadmaster Spray Injection Patching units and service vehicles throughout the U.K.
Reporting to the Fleet Servicing Manager, the HGV Fleet Mechanic will be responsible for ensuring that all fleet vehicles are mechanically fit-for-purpose and well maintained. This will require flexibility to travel to and from jobs in a Service Van to provide roadside and off-site assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance on a scheduled basis including 10 week inspections
- Pre-MOT preparation and inspection
- Electrical and engine troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Engine and transmission repairs
- Repairs to the Roadmaster Spray Injection Patching equipment
- Repairs to the company’s fleet of side-panelled vans
- Perform incidental welding operations and other mechanical repair work as required
- Perform inspections and test mechanical units
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions * Adjust, repair and/or replace parts and components of transport systems
- Provide training and advice to co-workers and clients as required
- Liaise with third-party repair shops to perform servicing activity that cannot be achieved in-house
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to a high standard in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all servicing activity is correctly recorded and filed with head office
- Perform emergency call-outs to clients, both internal and external, as-and-when required (including outside of normal working hours) to ensure fleet up-time
- Be part of the on-call-rota team to accept and direct calls out-of-hours
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Experience & Requirements
- Commercial experience on HGVs essential
- Qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic
- Minimum 3 years’ experience repairing HGVs
- High degree of product and technical knowledge
- Strong diagnostics capabilities with good computer skills
- Ability to use power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions via written, verbal, or diagram form
- Must be highly disciplined, organized & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the team, and also have the ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Professional demeanour and superior team service skills
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting abilities and exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude
Required Licences & Certifications
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Driving License: The successful candidate must hold a valid, clean, UK driving license. A Class 1 HGV license (C+E) would be an advantage. A background check on your license will be carried out.
Items to Note
As the company runs an extensive fleet throughout the UK, a great deal of traveling will be required. The successful candidate will have the ability to spend extended periods away from home.
A fully equipped service van will be provided.
Training will be provided over the winter months at the company’s main facility in Ireland.
It is the policy of Archway Products Ltd. and Archway Roadmaster UK Ltd. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.